Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Why I oppose SOPA & PIPA


I work for Johns Hopkins University's Center for Talented Youth Online. This is a program that reaches out to gifted & talented k-12 students all over the USA and the world and offers them acceleration and enrichment across a wide variety of subjects.  The ability to freely create and share information is critical to my job -- being a part of the education of these amazing students!  I use wikipedia, twitter, google, youtube, and many other online resources to interact with my students.  Having these avenues of communication shut down to meaningful educational dialog would be unspeakably detrimental and I hope SOPA & PIPA do not come to pass in their current form.

Long story short -- SOPA & PIPA could severely injure or even kill education. Please learn more here: http://blog.reddit.com/2012/01/technical-examination-of-sopa-and.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts.